I know that he wishes he could be here…but, then again…he would not trade where he is for here! Every Blessing to you as you go forward in his heart as he was led by the Lord, through these pages. Donny felt that if a man had these Five elements that he would be unstoppable and that every piece of Honor, Integrity and Valor would come upon him from without and emerge from within. He was sure of this and lived to see it as truth. Thank you for loving him and for being here for the men’s retreat. Sandi
On Identity, Authority, Wisdom, Patience and Humility:
Proverbs 11:2, 14:8, 19:11 and Isaiah 28:22
“When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom. The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit. The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression. Be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong….”
• Identity is found where Time is spent. Authority is found where you have gained your Identity. Identity in Christ brings Authority in Christ.
• Folly is deception.
• A Mocker is a man full of pride. A Mocker is in great bondage.
• Pride uses Periods. Pride seeks to protect itself by attempting to disqualify God by the imperfections of Man.
• A man’s wisdom gives him patience. It is to his glory and benefit to overlook an offense.
• A man’s pride gives him impatience.
• It is to a man’s disgrace to not overlook an offense.
• When Pride comes, it brings disgrace with it.
• When Humility comes, it brings with it Wisdom.
• Humility = Wisdom = Patience
• Pride = Impatience = Disgrace
• Discernment is Compassionate, Judgment is Prideful.
• Discernment seeks to protect others, Pride seeks to protect self
• When you quarrel you cannot bear one another’s burdens.
“For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.”
• God is hard at work in our lives; we must be faithful in the little laid before us and respect our moments of vulnerability before Him to develop the ability to discern what He is teaching us so that His heart falls on proper soil in us and nothing is wasted.
• Know that God’s healing power is always greater than anyone’s hurting power.
• The lord strategizes each lesson of our life.
• As we build trust amongst the mistrust of the world and the enemy’s plans and servants, even in the glimpses of our worst moments, we must believe the Lord is on our side no matter what, otherwise we will be found helping the devil to blaspheme the name of the Lord in and over our lives. We must hold tight and fast to our great knowledge of Christ and He in us.
• What you talk about in public reveals what you think about in private!
• Patience proves our desires.
• Patience is only revealed when it is tested and challenged. Therefore, to pray for growth in it, we are asking to have our ability to be patient tested, and so it is.
• Proverbs 14:29 “He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.” A patient man cannot display folly (deception) and a quick tempered (prideful) man cannot show great understanding.
• Romans 5: Rejoice in suffering because it brings perseverance, this brings character and then hope comes.
• Challenges Reveal Character.
• To desire growth in Christ is to expect Suffering and Trial.
• WHAT are you afraid of?
“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
• A proper foundation on the Rock of Christ is built through hearing and practicing the Word of God and will gain a Christlikeness of Authority.
• A proper foundation builds the spiritual muscle necessary to gain authority and leads to a stability that allows the Lord to “fine tune” or “tone” our muscle as we grow!
• There is an “order” to how the Lord builds us, just like we would build a car, a plan or anything that we would thoughtfully do because it is important.
• You can’t tone bone; let the Word of God be your muscle and continually exercise it in your life.
• Don’t be afraid to ask questions…. Of God and others in order to put yourself in a position to seek understanding, before you seek to be understood. Seeking to understand and asking questions requires and demands humility, while seeking to be understood forces one in a protected position of defending position and pride. Seek first to understand and then to be understood. Asking a question puts us in an inherent position of “not knowing” something.
• Seek God in the Quiet, He lives there and visits everywhere else.
• Think like a man of Action and Act like a man of Thought.
Men of purpose, must be men of war first; in order to secure their ground and walk in their authority, then the outpour of the Spirit will be easy and evident in their lives!
“He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet, and setteth me upon my high places. He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.”
• Desiring growth in God requires Humility.
• The Lord associates poor judgment as a lack in wisdom.
• Take the time to get your instructions from God, because you cannot follow instructions that you have not been given.
• Vulnerability produces intimacy in all relationships.
• Proof of Desire is Pursuit.
• We are candles! We can only affect those closest to us unless we are willing to be set on fire and really burn to affect the room of our life beyond our comfortable space. The Lord is pleased with the sacrifice of our obedience to His Will, even if it is suffering, in order to light a larger room with His spirit as it comes from the candle of our life. This fire often comes from conflict which starts fires. Fires of truth in our lives to affect the whole world for Christ. We must be monumental in our efforts toward the cross!
• Tests of emotion and spirit are different.
• WHAT is confusing to you?
• Don’t be drawn, driven and led by fear anymore….
• You will make mistakes and that’s okay.
• There is no formula that is absolute, except the Word of God. That is absolute cure and absolute power and absolute relationship. Absolute blessing and abundance!
• RUN TOWARD GOD!
The verses Donny fashioned his life after:
”Exhort young men to be sober minded. In all things show thyself a pattern of good works, in doctrine: showing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, sound speech that cannot be condemned; so that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.” Amen son, Amen.
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.”
“From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.”
(When Donny was in terrible pain, I would just touch his hand and whisper, “Henceforth Son, henceforth.” He would muster a smile and say right back to me, “Henceforth Mama, henceforth.”)
Donny was especially excited to be able to visit with the “Monuments of God” during this weekend. He worked hard on thoughts and notes back in July of 2009, when I first asked him to participate in King Camp this year. By August, he was failing and was unable to write very well or sit up for long periods of time. The push and drive that the Lord put in him to get this done, all makes such sense now. Donny would stay up night and day formulating thoughts and hearing the Lord for you; perhaps in time, we shall see the rest of the notes. Each line and thought came to him at great cost, and I thought you should know that. Much love to you, Sandi